Ready for this holiday season WINTER 2014?
Well, we are getting really excited, because we’re seeing many of you, dear readers, viewers and supporters show up on all of our social media platforms.
Since we’re building a community FOR YOU, we’re so GRATEFUL to see all the positive response!
So, to kick off our weekly posts (EVERY THURSDAY) we welcome you to our first JOANNESWEB.COM Exclusive articles!
This we we’re going to talk about The 10 Most Useful Knitting and Crochet Tools.
Ok, so here’s the thing: while we love hunting and finding interesting yarn wherever we go (we’re talking about Joanne and Ana here, as pretty sure any other yarn-oholic here). We also like finding the best value and most useful reviews online.
Because of that, we want to give you our list of favorite AMAZON Knitting and Crochet items with the best reviews out there!
So here we go
Joanne’s Web Top 10 Most Useful Knitting and Crochet Tools
10) ArtBin Yarn Drum- Your own portable yarn holder with 8 ball of yarn capacity. Not only is it portable, but allows you to keep your yarn untangled and dry, as it has a protective pvc material cover. Extra pockets allow you to bring along other supplies. Equipped with a handle and a strap for easy hauling.
9) Comfort Grip Crochet Hook – These little buddies are the best. These are simply pillows to use on your crochet hooks. A great investment if you’re an avid crochetter (we can also call you crochet master, crochet sensei or whatever royal term you’d like to use).
8) Ostart Knitting Accessory Kit – A pretty complete kit including most of the essentials needed to start your knitting project. Some of them are:
1 Soft Measuring Tape goes to 60inch or 150cm
6 plastic rectangles about 1inchx1.33inch (extra box dividers, ty H Kohen!)
4 end protectors- 2 green medium, 1 green 1 pink large
1 snipper/scissor pair
1 tweezers with teeth
3 cable needles US guage 3, 6 & 9
2 stitch holders, 4.75inch and 2.75inch
2 tapestry needles, 1 large plastic, one smaller metal
1 stitch ripper (ty again H Kohen, never would have found out lol)
1 something like a cross between thimble and ring?
15 plastic circle stitch holders, 5 small 5 medium 5 large
20 metal clasping keyhole stitch holders various colors
8 plastic saftey pin stich holders, 4 orange 4 green
(these notes, from fabulous Amazon reviewer Kay Z)
7) Just Edgings: 75 Crochet Border Patterns to Inspire Your Next Project- For the intermediate to advanced level crochetter who looooves decorative edging. This is quite a handy Ebook, full of amazing edges made with crochet.
6) Stanwood Needlecraft YBW-A Hand-Operated Yarn Ball Winder, 4-Ounce – and Umbrella Swift
Winding yarn…. makes like easier! Turn all or your hanks of yarn into neat, 4-ounce yarn ‘cakes’
This means, you can compile all of your assorted types of yarn into a more even size and for easier storing.
To give you an idea, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8gi4WH3hEU
5) Ostart 22pcs Mixed Aluminum Handle Crochet Hook Knitting Knit Needle Weave Yarn Set-
One of the most complete set we’ve seen at an AMAZING price. Seriously, we don’t think you can find so many hooks for the price PLUS a carrying case. (note: Ana is adding this to her wish list).
Length (App) 15cm / 6” each one2.0mm/2.5mm/3.0mm/3.5mm/4.0mm/4.5mm/5.0mm/5.5mm/6.0mm/6.5mm
Silver needles: Length (App) 12cm / 4.8” each one0.8mm/0.9mm/1.0mm/1.05mm/1.15mm/1.25mm/1.40mm/1.5mm/1.6mm/1.75mm/1.90mm/2.10mm
4) Knitting and Crochet Gage Measurement Tool: Susan Bates Knit-Chek for Knitting Needle, 3 by 5-1/2-Inch- Neat little ruled metal plate with measuring holes for your needles. Excellent to use on those needles that don’t have a sizing on them or for converting from inches to centimiters or centimiters to inches. Great for both Knitting and Crochet Tools!
3) Up, Down, All-Around Stitch Dictionary- This little beauty has 150 Stitch Patterns to reference from!
We love the way this item’s described: ‘Stitch dictionaries are to knitters what Webster’s is to a writer.’ This pretty much says it all. While you can find really awesome stitches all around the internet, it’s always nice yo have a nice reference book right at hand.
2) Clover Knitting Stitch Counter- It happens to all of us, honey….we loose count of our stitches. Because lets face it…there are other things happening outside our knitting /crochet bubble, called ‘disctractions’. So go ahead and get yourself a nice little stitch counter and wrap it around that lovely neck of yours so you don’t loose it.
And last but not least! the amazing, awesome
1) Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Deluxe Interchangeable Long Tip Knitting Needle Set 200601-
The most complete and versatile knitting set we’ve encountered. You can knit yourself a clone with this thing!
This beauty allows you to change needle size on a variety of cords (of different sizes).
Need to knit a longer piece? Choose the 40 inch cord! Want it ‘Chunky’? Then choose needle size #10.
We are in love with this kit and Ana is also adding this to her wish list 😉